On the informative occasion of World Environment Day, EuroSchool Chhauni has organized an Inter House Essay writing competition which aims to encourage students’ awareness and action for the protection of the environment. The event will be held on 6th June, Monday in your respective English classes. Students are encouraged to select any one of the topics given below, prepare beforehand, and write the essay during the actual date of the competition.
Topics for Grade 4 and 5: ( at least 300 words)
- A king has granted you the superpower of saving the Earth. Write an essay on the things you would do to help nature or animals survive?
- Think of a clean, sandy beach and then imagine it filled with food wrappers, water bottles, and plastic bags that people did not throw away. How does the image of the dirty beach make you feel? What can you do to convince your friends of the importance of not littering?
Topics for Grade 6, 7, and 8: (at least 500 words)
- Explain the importance of the Amazon rainforest for our planet Earth.
- Do you feel that pollution is influencing the climate of our planet? Is man-made pollution responsible for Global Warming? Write an essay on what could be done about it.
- There is a Native American saying which states, “Treat the Earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” Do you think that we should live this philosophy in our daily lives in order to keep Earth viable for future generations? What type of things can each of us do to make a difference in the generations of tomorrow?